Recently life has been a little more hectic. Juggling a new baby and a new job schedule has left me in my pjs till 2 pm without having brushed my teeth and eaten anything substantial. The last thing I find time to do is to go to the grocery store and cook a meal, which are two of my favorite things to do. Well today is pretty consistent with any other day. I'm still in my pjs and the teeth are not brushed. However, Katherine being infatuated with her swing has given me time to cook. Of course it's nothing extravagant because A) i have a short window of time to cook and eat B) my pantry is kinda empty. I do have eggs and a craving for something tex-mex so here comes a pantry clean out. I am pretty pleased with my Clean Out Scramble. I don't have a picture of it due to a lost camera battery so a picture of Katherine will have to do. Enjoy!
Clean Out Scramble
Two tablespoons of unsalted butter
half an onion diced
can of green chilies
small can of corn (drained- use half if you would like, it kinda turns out with a big corn bite)
handful of cherry tomatoes quartered
three eggs (or more, depends on how eggy you want it)
2% or whole milk (enough to mix with the eggs)
salt to taste
cumin to taste
cayenne to taste
1. Saute the onions on medium heat until clear (salt).
2. Then add the green chillies (salt!). Cook for about three minutes.
3. Add the corn and tomatoes.
4. Season liberally with salt, cumin and cayenne
5. In a separate bowl add the eggs and whisk in salt and milk (if I had some cheese I would have added it, shredded, into this mixture).
6. Pour in egg mixture.
7. Cook until scrambled.
8. Serve with tortilla chips and a cappuccino!
(now race to eat it if you have a sleeping newborn)