Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Heaping Spoonful of Sugar

Sugar. I typically don't use it when I'm in the kitchen.  A spoonful is more than enough to sweeten my daily cappuccino.  However, this past December I went through sugar extremely fast.  Lemon sables, cranberry pumpkin bread, wassel, chocolate cinnamon marshmallows and rum chocolate balls only begin to describe the reason why two bags of sugar were bought and used.  Baking (and using so much sugar) made me begin to think about this substance and how it applies to my life.  First, one of Katherine's many nicknames is Sugar (Butterfly, and LaLa are just a few others). Second, I like to give lots of sugar (kisses) to this roley-poley newborn, to Randy and to Auggie.  Last, my life is sweet.  It's been a lovely year with a new home, new baby, new job, new experiences and much more.  What a blessing 2010 was to my little growing family.  Now, every morning when I make my cappuccino and add the spoonful of sugar, I will think of my life, thank God and smile. 

And now...a slideshow of Christmas.  Enjoy!


A delicious yet fuzzy picture of Boeuf Bourguignon, the main dish of the first Christmas celebrated at the White House.

Katherine Sugar LaLa Butterfly enjoying her Christmas stocking stuffers.

The appetizers to the second Christmas at the White House.

Auggie Clause...on his best behavior...

lemon sables

cranberry pumpkin bread

Randy working on the beef tenderloin before it was baked in a salt crust.

salt crusted beef tenderloin

garlic and thyme infused mashed potatoes, cheese corn casserole, garlic and ginger cream cabbage

beef tenderloin leftovers


2 comments:

  1. A very lovely presentation Ms.Rebecca. Katherine sugar is so adorable and cuddly. She looks good enough to smooch and steal lots of kisses from. Love Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm yes we do need to celebrate Christmas together at some point!

    ReplyDelete