Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby Feet

Growing up my middle sister, Mindy, would never let me touch her with my feet.  She thought they were gross.  She would inform me on multiple occasions, especially when my feet would find her leg or occasionally her head, she only liked three peoples feet: hers, our mom's and our baby cousin Geoffrey's.  I can only assume that if asked today Geoffrey's feet would no longer be on the list since he is 17 now and runs cross country.
Feet have never really bothered me or grabbed my attention.  The only ones I was very aware of and didn't like would belong to my dad (sorry!) and lets be honest, who of us really like our dad's feet?
Today, while feeding Katherine I found myself just looking at her tiny toes and beautiful feet.  I quickly grabbed my camera because she was doing what she normally does while eating:
My heart flutters every time I see her do this.  It's one of those endearing baby behaviors that just makes your soul swell and heart melt.  I love everything about her, but today is feet and toe day.  I want to kiss every single one of them, tickle them and play "this little piggy" over and over again. 

1 comment: