Thursday, October 7, 2010

Food Therapy

It's amazing how therapeutic cooking can be.  Since the birth of Katherine I've been wanting to get back into the kitchen and create.  This, of course, has been difficult.  Any spare moment is typically resting or picking up the house.  Sunday was different.  Randy took charge of Katherine and I went to the grocery store and cooked.  What a refreshing feeling.  The windows were open and it was just me in my kitchen.  Mushrooms, a variety please.  Cream, yes!  Shallots, a little extra perhaps.  Add 4 cups of chicken stock and fresh herbs....bliss.  Creamy mushroom soup that has been aiding me all week.  Mushroom soup wasn't the only smell wafting through our house.  There were smells of roasting meat, onions, carrots and thyme.  Pot roast.  So on this fallish day food took hold of me and my house.  We relaxed.  It was the perfect ending to a beautiful weekend where family and friends enjoyed our home.
Laurie and Mike visiting for OU/TX weekend.


Mindy and Lindsay stopping by after the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment