Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Month to Celebrate

This past week I asked my Granny if she would have ever thought, while celebrating her birthday throughout her life, that one day she would be sharing her birthday month with three of her great-granddaughters.  Her answer was "never in my imagination" and the the conversation moved forward. 
It got me thinking.  What does God have planned for me and what areas of my life do I know, deep down inside, will happen. 
Since we are in the month of August (named after my favorite Roman emperor, Augustus) it's only right that two of the things I have had gut feelings about actually turned out. 

Marrying Randy White
Randy and I met at Yukon High School in 1998 and started dating that year.  Our high school romance did have an end at the start of our freshman year in college, but there was something about "us" I couldn't shake.  Randy was the one and it wasn't until four years later that God reintroduced us.   
Katherine Livia
In 2010 God blessed Randy and me with Katherine making her the 7th girl in my family.  Girls 7, Boys 0.  Before Randy and I found out Katherine was a girl I would say how I thought our baby would be a boy.  I wanted so badly to be the "chosen one."  I wanted to give my family the long awaited son. Alas, my mouth spoke contrary to my heart, I knew I was carrying a girl.

So here it is, the month of August.  A historical month, where my prophetic (or not) instinct has led me to two of the best days of my life.  Five birthday parties and two wedding anniversaries to go, I can't wait.

The history of August

Things we like to do in August


Randy grilling green chilies the night before Katherine was born


No comments:

Post a Comment