Saturday, March 26, 2011

Beard Season

Beard Season ended today at the White House which made the Spring Season official.  For the past five winters Randy has grown a beard which has led to many a conversation.  After about a month and a half I start talking about the clean shaven man I feel for.  The flip side is that most men congratulate Randy on his beard and encourage him to keep growing it.  When I was naive I didn't pay close attention to the beard conversations that occurred "man to man."  I didn't see the influence that other men were.  But now, being the more mature woman that I am, I see it coming within a minute of the "nice beard, man" or "keep that growing as long as you can"  even the "wish I could grow a beard".  Of course I love to hear my husband praised, but these types of encouraging words over the past five years have only motivated Randy to make Beard Season last longer than the previous season's.   I enjoy Beard Season.  I like the fact that my man can grow a beard!  I do have my limitations which of course are different than Randy's.  Regardless, Winter has been shaven and Spring is here!  Now to really make it feel like Spring, I need to plant some herbs and put Rebecca the Brown Thumb to the test.  Maybe this year will be the year.  I can take care of a baby...why not plants?

Enjoying brunch in Tulsa with our beloved Zabi (Zion and Abi Spencer) at Wild Fork.  This obviously occurred during Beard Season.

Enjoying Hat Day which also happened to be the first day of Spring at the White House.


No comments:

Post a Comment