Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Hanger Beast

Once a month my closet explodes.  I haven't quite figured out why I just don't consistently hang up my clothes.  It never fails that once my scattered apparel is placed back on its hanger I get an accomplished and refreshed feeling. 
Recently, I was cleaning my closet when I realized it was time for a closet clean out.  One by one I rid my closet of tops, bottoms, scarfs and shoes.  As my pile of exiled clothes grew so did the number of empty hangers.
Hangers.  Ugh. 
If there is one thing that I hate battling are hangers.  A hanger is fine, but once it becomes hangers it is no longer fine.  As a group, these inanimate objects seem to take on their own life entangling themselves almost to the point where the multiple objects become a singular beast.  What drives me crazy is that when I try to grab one hanger out of a pile it seems to repeatedly hook itself upon on hanger after another.  It makes me want to scream.
So, while I was cleaning out my closet, I was just waiting...impatiently, anxiously awaiting the impending battle.  As always, the struggle with the Hanger Beast occurred and like always I think to myself , "yes, here it is, the cursed animosity of inanimate objects."    

3 comments:

  1. But I am so impressed with your cleaning! We truly are kindred spirits lol. My closet could use another cleaning. I love my house so much that it leaves me only desiring two things for the future - a large tub to soak in and a more spacious closet. But I look at the bright side - having a smaller closet means that I can't accumulate as much and must be purging often! Love you! AND - you guys looked so fabulous for Easter! I have already been thinking about the blazer and loose tie that Liam MUST have next Easter lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due to our pick-up habits (among other things)we were the perfect roommates! I understand the small closet thing...one day. I can't wait for Liam and Katherine to take pics together in cute dress up clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have hanger beasts too. They are much less hairy if you pick up the skinny kind with the sticky felt on them (I found some at Marshall's in Plano). Wishing you luck with these untamable monsters!!!

    ReplyDelete