Monday, April 26, 2010

The Eternal City

This morning while making my cappuccino I got sniff of warm espresso and milk. I had no option but to let my mind (happily) start day wandering to my favorite city. Rome. There is no place like it. Every April since 2004 I get this sense of where I should be, and of course I where I would love to be at this time of the year. Today was like a typical morning that I have been experiencing almost daily for the past two weeks. I hear, smell or see something that instantly makes me think of this city. So for you, dear reader, is a list of why I love the Eternal City, why I will continue to love the Eternal City and how I could perhaps sway you to fall in love. If you too long to to travel here (haters, please don't participate) tell me why. Any dialogue of Rome makes me happy.
Why I love Rome
1. layers of history
2. traffic
3. the people
4. cappuccini (in particular, Tazza de Oro, http://www.tazzadorocoffeeshop.com/)
5. chocolate croissants (the gooey kind that must be eaten with #4)
6. the graffiti
7. gelato
8. street vendors
9. the Pantheon
10. Trastevere
11. all the dreams I've made while visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment