Monday, April 5, 2010

Tulsa Tilapia

Abi and Rebecca during Abi's recent visit to the White House.

Last weekend during a girls get-a-way, Abi Spencer made a delicious tilapia dinner for all the weary travelers. First, her tilapia was seasoned with salt and pepper. Then, she added a delicious puree of olives (from a New Orleans sandwich shop), artichokes and garlic. After this mixture was spread upon the fish she topped it with white wine. Perfetto! Inspired by her fish dish I recreated it tonight based off of what was lurking in my pantry. This would be my take on Abi's irreplaceable Tulsa Tilapia:

take two tilapias and place them in separate foil squares
salt and pepper (generously)
cover with olive oil, white wine vinegar (or just white wine, use what's available) and lemon juice
top with lemon zest, garlic and thinly sliced shallots
seal foil squares
bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
serve on top of sauted spinach (saute spinach with olive oil, salt and pepper)

Thanks Abi for the addition to my recipe collection!

1 comment:

  1. I wish that I could have had Dallas Tilapia!!! I am truly honored to have inspired such deliciousness. You inspire me my friend!

    ReplyDelete